1. Why did you join Thinxtra?
To be on the forefront of an exciting emerging tech – LPWAN IoT
2. What or where is your happy place?
I’m introverted by nature so I prefer to chill out at home with my family.
3. What impact do you think IoT has had or will have?
I think IoT has highlighted just how wasteful a lot of business processes are. Many don’t realise this until they take the leap with an IoT solution and get the real data and insights.
4. What's the best piece of advice you've received that has helped shape your life or career?
“Always start simple” – This is my mantra for approaching any problem professionally or personally.
5. Are there any special traditions or rituals you follow to start or end your workday?
I love to play video games to unwind after my workday. Although I can only sometimes fit it in a quick gaming session late at night when the kids are asleep and housework is done.
6. What do you do to contribute to sustainability in your day-to-day life?
I’m an avid recycler. I keep used batteries and electronics and find the right places to dispose of them responsibly.
7. Is there a particular book, movie, or TV show that has had a significant impact on your life?
The original Star Wars trilogy. There’s something really special about those movies which makes me happy, maybe it’s the nostalgia factor. I watch it every year around May the fourth – usually by myself because my wife and kids think it’s boring hahaha.
8. How do you stay motivated and inspired in both your personal and professional life?
My two boys are my main motivation in life and inspire me to be a better father, leader and teacher. Apart from this, I love to learn and I find opportunities to learn something almost every day.
9. Tell us about a moment or experience at Thinxtra that made you feel proud to be part of the team.
The success of the CouriersPlease asset tracking project because many of us at Thinxtra were involved both at the front and behind the scenes. We all had each other’s backs to deliver and the result was a happy customer so our efforts were all worth it.
10. Can you share an interesting or unusual fact about yourself that most people don't know?
I can do a dance called the Melbourne Shuffle. If the mood is right and the music is good then I will hit the dance floor hard :).
11. Lastly, if you were to describe your experience at Thinxtra in three words, what would they be and why?
“Onward” because my work has been ever evolving onward, “Upward” because always improving, “Outward” because always searching (for the best IoT products).