THINXTRA IS SUPPORTING THE PREDATOR FREE NZ 2050 PLAN WITH UNIQUE SOLUTIONS
New Zealand has adopted the “ambitious goal” of eradicating its soil of rats, possums, stoats and all other invasive mammals by 2050. The name of the plan: Predator Free 2050.
Thinxtra is part of this movement to support the plan with our all-in-one program:
Solutions for Predator Control
Pest Trap Monitoring
Rat Activity Monitoring
The Sigfox network is a global network with a global ecosystem of remote sensors solutions. So, although for Predator Control Projects, the primarily use would be for remote monitoring of pest traps, the same network can be used to provide better insights into Assets in the area, geolocation and safety of People (rangers and volunteers) and the overall health of the Environment. An example of these sensors and user cases are below:
For Assets and People
Access Door Monitoring
Soil & Tree Monitoring
Bush Fire Monitoring
PLATFORM AND APP
Predator Free Web Platform
Platform Main Features
- Traps triggered are reflected automatically in real-time into the web platform.
- Visualisation map
- Create sub-projects under 1 main project
- Breakdown the catches and species type by overall project, to sub projects, to individual traps.
- Create members responsible for different areas, with an overall admin person per project.
- Create a message board per overall project or by sub-project.
- Create a rooster per sub-project
- Breakdown each sub-project into different trap types.
- Download daily, weekly, monthly reports.
Predator Free Mobile App
App Main Features
- Available free from the Google Store (iOS App not available yet)
- Trappers (volunteers or rangers) connect App directly to Xtrap device via Bluetooth
- 2 Login options: one for Installers and one for Trappers
- Trappers record type of species caught which automatically updates the web platform.
- Trap type and bait used automatically updated into platform.
- Installing a Xtrap onto the trap, will automatically appear in the platform.
- No more paper log required