Thinxtra Sigfox Developer Xkit
The perfect way to get started with Sigfox, the Thinxtra development kit boasts a full suite of features and accessories to empower anyone to set up an IoT solution, even with very little hardware experience. Perfect for start-ups, design houses, universities and schools, the kit has everything you need to hit the ground running using the globally available Sigfox network.
The Complete Sigfox Ready Developer Xkit by Thinxtra
Included in the box:
– The Thinxtra Shield, with embedded sensors: temperature, pressure, light, shock, reed switch / magnetic meter and 3D accelerometer, 2 LEDs and 1 push button, 1 USB port.
– Arduino Uno R3 board clone (already plugged in the shield)
– External 8.5 cm antenna 8.5cm for best performance
– USB cable (to plug to a Raspberry Pi or PC or to re-flash the Arduino board)
– Battery holder (so the kit is independent of any external power source or computer)
– 1-year connectivity on the Sigfox global network
– 1- year warranty. See disclaimer.
This development kit is intended to allow engineers to evaluate the Sigfox technology, with a view to eventually incorporating the technology into a product design.
Persons handling the evaluation kit must have electronics training and observe good engineering practice standards. This development kit is capable to emit and receive radio frequencies at programmable frequency and power level settings and additional functionality. As such, the kit being provided is not intended to be complete in terms of design-, marketing-, and/or manufacturing-related protective considerations, including product safety and environmental measures typically found in end products that incorporate such semiconductor components or circuit boards or radiocommunications compliance regulations.
This development kit is intended for use for ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT, DEMONSTRATION, OR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY and is not a finished end-product fit for end use therefore do not meet the technical requirements of ACMA or RSM standards or any other regulations, including marking.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure compliance with Australian, New Zealand and Hong Kong standards and regulations associated with its use as evaluation kit.
Based on the Sigfox Wisol module (WSSFM10), which is pin-to-pin compatible for each region:
- RCZ1 – Europe
- RCZ2 – USA/Mexico/Brazil/Canada
- RCZ3- Japan
- RCZ4- Australia/New Zealand/South East Asia/Rest of South America
- Offer worldwide reach with one devkit (via 4 variants)
- One hardware layout (reduce costs)
- Firmware independent from the Sigfox zones (simplicity)
- Same support and service in each of the zones
The Thinxtra shield can be used with:
- Microchip development kit
- Arduino Uno R3 board or equivalent (included)
- ST Microelectronics Nucleo development board
- Freescale development board
Via USB port, the shield can also be plugged into:
WHERE TO BUY
References / Sigfox RC Zone 1,2,3 or 4:
XKIT-RC1 (0052-THI-XKI-1) – Europe
XKIT-RC2 (0053-THI-XKI-2) – USA/Mexico/Brazil/Canada
XKIT-RC3 (0054-THI-XKI-3) – Japan
XKIT-RC4 (0024-THI-XKI-4) – Australia/New Zealand/South East Asia/Rest of South America