Unabiz organised the biggest event in IoT in Taiwan of 2017 in Taipei where Unabiz was
– kick-offing the first national IoT-dedicated SIGFOX network in Taiwan,
– announcing and presenting all of taiwanese ecosystem partners, showcasing semi-conductor partners, device makers, platforms, SIs, clients/vertical solution providers…etc
Unaday – as it was called- was furthermore taking place during the annual TAITRONICS trade show, the Taiwan International Electronics Show on 11-14 September.
For Unaday, the speakers and guests included Benoît Guidée Director of the French Office in Taiwan, Pascal Faure the Director General of the DGE of the French Ministry of Economics, as well as Ludovic Le Moan and Christophe Fourtet the two co-founders of SIGFOX, minister-level and mayor-level distinguished guests, and a large audience of local and foreign partners, all mostly from the ICT industry but also from different vertical markets such as transport, elderly care, logistics, property and personal security, renewable energy, universities… In total there were over 800+ guests at the event!!
Loic Barancourt from Thinxtra was presenting there and tell about our success stories in Australia – New Zealand and welcoming Taiwanese devicemakers & solutions suppliers to our local market.
If you didn’t have a chance to attend, here is the top 10 “bullet-points” short summary:
- Henri Bong, CEO of UnaBiz, introduce the paradigm shift of “Less is More”.
- Christophe Fourtet, CSO of SIGFOX, demo-ed the first connected envelope of Taiwan.
- UnaBiz is operating the 1st nation-wide low-power network operator, covering 85% of Taiwan population (= 20 millions inhabitants).
- UnaBiz announced monthly subscription rates ranging from NT$2 to NT$22, becoming the lowest long-range communication rates of Taiwan.
- Already over 1.000.000+ subscriptions in the pipeline.
- Partnerships were announced with Taiwan SECOM, Microsoft, Airbus, China Airlines, Lite-ON. Carrefour, oBike, FoxTech, Stipendiary.
- A surprise MoU was signed on stage with Taiwan Mobile, 2nd national mobile operator, regarding the extension of its IoT portfolio.
- Over 800 guests attended UnaDay, of the whole IoT value-chain.
- Over 20 journalists from top Taiwan TV, paper, magazine and online media
- Over 100 international attendees traveled from over 15 countries to attend UnaDay